WHAT ARE SKIN RASHES?
A rash is a change of the skin which affects its color, appearance and texture. Rashes may be localized in one part of our body, or effect all the part of the body. Rashes may change the skin color, itch become warm, bumpy, chapped, dry, cracked or blistered, swell or may be painful.
A simple rash is called dermatitis, meaning inflammation of the skin. Often rashes can be determined from its visible characteristics and other symptoms.
HOW RASH CAUSED?
- ALLERGIES, for example food, dyes, medicines, insect stings, metal such as zinc or nickel such rashes called hives.
- Skin contact with a irritant such as fungal infection and ringworm.
- SECONDARY SYPHILIS.
- DIRECTLY EXPOSURE TO HEAT AND SUN LIGHT.
These are the common rashes causes:
- Lead poisoning
- Lyme disease
- Repeated itching on same spot may cause rashes.
- Autoimmune disorders such as psoriasis.
These are some uncommon cause of the rashes.
RASH CAN ALSO DETERMINE BY SOME TEST:
- ALLERGY TESTING
- BLOOD TEST
- SKIN BIOPSY
- SKIN SCRAPING
THERE ARE SOME HOME CARE REMEDIES TO GET RID OF RASHES:
Most simple rashes can also be treated with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substance. You just need to follow these guidelines.
- Avoid scrubbings or itching your skin.
- Do not apply any cosmetic lotions or ointments directly on rash.
- Leave the affected area exposed in the air as much possible.
- Try calamine medicated lotion for poison,
- Try to avoid soap, use gentle cleansers instead.
- Avoid newly added cosmetic.
If you have eczema, apply moisturizers to your skin. Try oat milk bath products, easily available at drugstores. There are some anti-itching creams are also available in the market. Which contains the ingredients like, camphor, menthol, pramoxine (Itch-X), or diphenhydramine (Benadryl); antihistamines like diphenhydramine, chlortrimeton, or loratadine (Claritin, Claritin RediTabs, Alavert); and moisturizing lotions.